With the temperature soaring, it is important that we be odour-free and smell as pleasant as possible. Fragrances that are subtle and that elevate your mood are perfect for the season. From hitting the beach to going to night club, there are specific fragrances for each occasion. Here are a few tips to choose the right perfume this summer…
– Go for the lighter version the perfume that you normally use. Make sure to check with the salesman if the perfume is categorised as ‘eau fresh’, which means it is lighter.
– When you are looking for summer-ready fragrances, citrus or wood-based perfumes are good options. Citrus-based perfumes are breezier, while wood-based perfumes like sandalwood, smell better, last longer, and also keeps you cool.
– Make sure you try the perfume outside the store. When you try a perfume inside a store, you don’t really get the real smell of the perfume. Try the perfume outside the mall or store, so you know how it smells when the air conditioner is off.
– Choose between floral and beach-inspired fragrances. When it comes to floral ones, there are several ones you can pick — roses, daises, jasmine… Ocean-inspired perfumes on the other hand, are airy and cool. When a perfume has aquatic influences, you are bound to smell fresh all day long.
– You could also try single-note perfumes that last longer and don’t get pungent due to the hot weather. Go for scenes like lavender or jasmine, that are powerful, but perfect for the summer.
– You could also try fruit-inspired scents like grapefruit, strawberry and lime — they are both crisp and soothing.
– Spend some time deciding on the right fragrance. Don’t try the tester, and buy a bottle of perfume immediately. Spray the perfume on your wrist and walk around a bit, or finish the rest of your shopping. If you still like the smell after four to five minutes, then go ahead with the purchase.
– Avoid changing brands. If you are used to a specific brand, simply stick to that.